Technique Tuesday with Gladys Love

Today’s techniques are:

• stamping on fabric
  • thread painting on soluble stabilizer
  • simple beading
  • adding a fringe of woolen yarns

Gladys Love uses these techniques to create these stunning leaf vine luggage tags in her book Embellishing with Anything.

Click here to download a 6 page, full color PDF file that will guide you through these techniques as they apply to these luggage tags. The PDF also includes a bonus project! You’ll learn to make this beautiful leaf sprig ATC card, which has curved piecing and twin-needle top stitching. Gladys made the original with scraps of background cut from another quilt she was working on at the time.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

March is National Craft Month and we are celebrating by posting one project every day this month! If you are joining us late, click here to see the full list of Craft Month projects that have been posted so far.

This entry was posted in Free Projects, Surface Design & Mixed Media and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

6 Comments

1. cheri bergson
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Hi there, I have just read your book “Embellishing with anything” and loved it !! A woman after my own heart. I, too, use found things in my quilts. Where on Vancouver Island do you live?? You mentioned in the book that you and your husband go to Value Village, well, I to,o go there sometimes. I live in Sooke and walk along the beach off of Westcoast Rd. When I looked at your picture you did seem familiar, so perhaps we have cossed paths Take care

2. cheri bergson
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

3. Posted March 25, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Oh this is so inspiring. Sometimes I get lost trying to do things like this and having guidelines that is is very welcome!

4. Ann
    Posted March 6, 2010 at 11:22 am | Permalink

These are some beautiful projects. It is fun adding things to make it even more lovely. It seems like more types of yarns, threads, beads are available.

5. Gladys Love
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

6. Posted March 3, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Hi Everyone! Thanks to C&T for featuring my work! Look for more on my blog, fibresoul.blogspot.com Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions …. I love to"meet" people on the internet! Gladys Love

• january

All-in-One Quilter's Reference Tool, Updated Second Edition by Harriet Hargrave, Sharyn Craig, Alex Anderson, and Liz Aneloski for C&T Publishing
  • Backyard Birds by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins for C&T Publishing
  • January – Stash Books

Quilt Lab--The Creative Side of Science by Alexandra Winston for Stash Books
  • me & my sewing adventure - an intermediate guide by Kate Haxell for Stash Books
  • january – stash products

• At Home with Modern June by Kelly McCants for Stash Books
  • March – Stash Books Products

Posey Patch - Eco Tote by Corey Yoder for Stash Books
  • March – FunStitch Studio

We Love to Sew--Bedrooms by Annabel Wrigley for FunStitch Studio
  • April

Quilting... Just a Little Bit Crazy by Allie Aller and Valerie Bothell for C&T Publishing
  • Bargello--Quilts in Motion by Ruth Ann Berry
  • April – Stash Books

The Better Bag Maker by Nicole Mallalieu for Stash Books
  • Tenny Tiny Megagerie by Noriko Komurata for Stash Books
  • April – FunStitch Studio

Sew in Style--Make Your Own Doll Clothes by Erin Henztel for FunStitch Studio
  • May – Stash Books

Free-Motion Quilting Workbook by Angela Walters for Stash Books
  • Stitch 'n Swap by Jake Finch for Stash Books
  • Make & Love Quilts by Mary Fons for Stash Books
  • Boutique Casual for Boys & Girls by Sue Kim for Stash Books
  • May – Stash Books Products

Orbit Eco Tote designed by Jennifer Sampou for Stash Books
  • May – FunStitch Studio

The Wonderful Colorful Wonder Wheel of Color by Lynn Koolish, Kerry Graham, and Mary Wruck for FunStitch Studio
  • June

Pictorial Art Quilt Guidebook by Leni Levenson Wiener for C&T Publishing
  • Emporia Rose Applique Quilts by Barbara Brackman and Karla Menaugh for C&T Publishing
  • June Stash Books