Technique Tuesday with Gladys Love

Today’s techniques are:

• stamping on fabric
  • thread painting on soluble stabilizer
  • simple beading
  • adding a fringe of woolen yarns

Gladys Love uses these techniques to create these stunning leaf vine luggage tags in her book Embellishing with Anything.

Click here to download a 6 page, full color PDF file that will guide you through these techniques as they apply to these luggage tags. The PDF also includes a bonus project! You’ll learn to make this beautiful leaf sprig ATC card, which has curved piecing and twin-needle top stitching. Gladys made the original with scraps of background cut from another quilt she was working on at the time.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

March is National Craft Month and we are celebrating by posting one project every day this month! If you are joining us late, click here to see the full list of Craft Month projects that have been posted so far.

This entry was posted in Free Projects, Surface Design & Mixed Media and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

6 Comments

1. cheri bergson
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Hi there, I have just read your book “Embellishing with anything” and loved it !! A woman after my own heart. I, too, use found things in my quilts. Where on Vancouver Island do you live?? You mentioned in the book that you and your husband go to Value Village, well, I to,o go there sometimes. I live in Sooke and walk along the beach off of Westcoast Rd. When I looked at your picture you did seem familiar, so perhaps we have cossed paths Take care

2. cheri bergson
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

3. Posted March 25, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Oh this is so inspiring. Sometimes I get lost trying to do things like this and having guidelines that is is very welcome!

4. Ann
    Posted March 6, 2010 at 11:22 am | Permalink

These are some beautiful projects. It is fun adding things to make it even more lovely. It seems like more types of yarns, threads, beads are available.

5. Gladys Love
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

6. Posted March 3, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Hi Everyone! Thanks to C&T for featuring my work! Look for more on my blog, fibresoul.blogspot.com Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions …. I love to"meet" people on the internet! Gladys Love

january