Here’s another great project out of 100+ No-Sew Fabric Crafts for Kids by Mary Link. Make a zany zoo or a dinosaur park for a dresser top. These creatures come with slotted parts that slide together, so the critters can really come to life and stand on their own.
(for 1 small zoo of animals)
- ½ yard heavyweight fast2fuse, or two heavyweight fast2fuse craft packs
- Fabric scraps for each animal
- Fabric markers (optional)
- Paper punch (optional)
- Yarn (optional)
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Trace the patterns onto the fast2fuse and cut them out.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions on the fast2fuse packaging, fuse fabric to both sides of each fast2fuse piece and cut. Trim the edges.
- Mark the slot lines and cut each slot wide enough for the animal parts to slide smoothly together.
- Use a paper punch or a marker to make the eyes.
- If desired, dab glue onto the slot points to permanently hold the pieces together.
- Add optional yarn details, such as tails and manes.
- Send a dinosaur as a birthday card. Use a fat quarter for each dinosaur.
- Design and make farm animals.
- Make an animal mobile.